A Peep at the Coops is the largest fundraiser for Moss Haven Farm, a 501(c)(3) outdoor learning garden and STEAM curriculum enrichment for students located at Moss Haven Elementary. Moss Haven Farm is entirely supported by community and corporate support.
WHAT: A Peep at the Coops Urban Chicken Coops Tour and Urban Market
WHEN: Sunday, May 5, 2019 (What better way to enjoy Cinco de Mayo with su familia?),
Tour: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Urban Market 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE: Moss Haven Farm, 9202 Moss Farm Lane, Dallas, TX 75243
*Tour begins at Moss Haven Farm, where tour tickets can be purchased and maps picked up, and Urban Market is held*
WHO: Families from all over North Texas to attend and enjoy kid-friendly activities
Urban chicken raisers across North and East Dallas will provide their expertise
Moss Haven 4H students will show off chickens and coops at Moss Haven Farm to visitors
TICKETS: Tickets can be bought during Peep at Moss Haven Farm, 9202 Moss Farm Lane, Dallas, TX 75243. Kids under 12 are free (children must be accompanied by an adult).
WHAT ELSE: The event will also include:
• Tour of seven urban chicken coops located throughout East Dallas
• Food from Steel City Pops, Gepetto’s Pizza, Scot’s Café and Kona Ice
• Performances by FMJH’s Sound Express, local choirs, students from Zound Sounds and dancers from Lake Highlands Dance Academy
• Chicken yoga
• Special presentation at 1 p.m. from Daniel Cunningham, the Texas Plant Guy, on edible landscapes
• Unique handmade items from local artisans for shopping
• Raffle items include a farm-to-table dinner for six by Personal Chef Juan Laugerud, signed cap and draft cards from Patrick Mahomes, a full Invisalign treatment from Dr. Bill Blandford of Energy Square Dental, and Warhol Wobbler by Pallavi Gaitonde.